Pages

Labels

Saturday 4 January 2014

New Year's Resolutions

This year my New Year's resolution list is quite eclectic. Research shows that learning to do new things keeps the brain flexible, so I'm aiming to add a few new skills to my portfolio. How about juggling and crochet for starters? I'm also aiming to complete some 'craft' projects I started last year - that's a whole story in itself. Watch this space for progress reports.
2012 was my Annus Horribilis - the worst year of my life saw me almost lose a loved one, almost lose my business, and almost lose my marbles.
2013 was my Annus Mirabilis - a miraculous recovery, our fantastic trip to celebrate a Golden Wedding anniversary, and the life changing discovery that my career does not define me, that there is happiness to be found in ordinary things if you slow down enough to see them.
My aspirations for 2014 include continuing last year's odyssey, and I think I may have found just the thing to help me. Have a look at this video about a project by an ordinary person called Hailey Bartholomew. Inspiring. I'm going to give this project a go and post the photos to Facebook each day. I have a few days to catch up on, and I'm sure I'm not going to remember every single day - I'm not going to set myself up to fail, but I think it will be fun, and a worthwhile thing to do. See what makes me happy this year. It might surprise us both.

 
If you can't see the video clip above, this link will take you there.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea T, look forward to seeing your photos (mostly of Neil's manly torso I assume)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've posted the first 5 images today on Instagram and Facebook. Check them out - not a manly torso in sight!

      Delete