Pages

Labels

Tuesday 10 December 2013

A Spring Tan

Today I'm going to show you how I have learned to refresh my life with 'vintage' finds.
I was starting to feel that all my clothes were boring - that's always dangerous. Don't get me wrong, I have loads of fantastic clothes I've collected over years in the fashion industry, but there's no place for silk at the dog park, or heels at the supermarket. So I fossicked around in my wardrobe looking for inspiration, and pulled out a pair of funny little suede moccasins I bought cheaply online a few years ago. I'd forgotten all about them. A good start. They are tan, so I looked around for similar colours to coordinate. I came up with an unusual, tooled leather messenger bag I picked up a few years ago at The Salvation Army store - again, forgotten, hanging under a heap of jackets. Not bad. Sensing a theme, I included my beloved leather belt which I have worn every day since I discovered this treasure, around 6 years ago, at Portobello Market in London. I wore them all together and miss S said, "Hey Mum, your outfit looks great!" High praise indeed from a 13 year old. I became emboldened and stepped out of the house for the day. Just one more accessory to complete my new look. Tan and White cross breed, bought from Save-a-Dog Scheme about 17 months ago.

Tan suede moccasins, about $35 from Ozsale.com; Tan leather belt, 8 pounds from Portobello Market, London

Tan leather tooled bag, $40 from The Salvo's; Tan and white Staffy cross, $230 from Save-a-Dog Scheme; Old things feel new again - even me.


No comments:

Post a Comment