Pages

Labels

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Sibling Rivalry - the hardest part is getting started.

 
A few days ago I got a call from my sister in the UK, who wanted to talk about Christmas. We chatted about who was getting what present for whom - what was the latest thing for 3 - 8 year olds - the difficult task of buying for brother's in-law - the last posting dates. You know how it goes. I complained about the dire choice of Christmas cards at the shops, and she agreed and told me how she always intends to make home made cards, and then panics and buys cards she doesn't like at the last minute and then sends them late anyway. I'm the same - we are sisters after all.
Then sibling rivalry reared it's ugly, but in the circumstances quite timely, head. I have had all my bits of paper and paint brushes, needles and thread, ideas on Pinterest and the like set up ready to go for weeks now. I AM going to make my own home made cards this year, and will not be out done by my sister. Ha, that will show her.
So thanks, George, for getting me off my backside, and making me do what I had intended all along, but somehow just couldn't get started.
I'm sure they will be late anyway, so don't hold your breath.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment