Pages

Labels

Sunday 29 December 2013

Boxing Day.

I love Boxing Day. I love the wonderful feeling when you wake up, and realise that the Christmas chaos is a whole year away, that you can have a serious lie-in , wear your pyjamas all day, watch the Boxing Day Test on TV, and my absolute favourite . . . . eat left-overs. I have extended the post Christmas euphoria for as long as possible this year, and even though it's only the misses S and E wearing their PJ's all day, and I'm spending quite a lot of time up a ladder painting weather boards in 38 degree heat, I am watching the cricket to my heart's content and dishing up left-overs for every meal.
Since we had pescetarians over for Christmas lunch this year, we had left-over BBQ salmon with lemon and herbs amongst others. So on Boxing Day I made a sort-of nicoise salad with home grown butter beans and free-range eggs (thanks girls) and the absolutely delicious salmon flaked into it. Served with left-over brown rice salad and potato salad, in the garden, on the most perfect sunny 28 degree day, with Mr.B and the girls, I had all the ingredients for the most perfect relaxing day. I love Boxing Day.

 

4 comments:

  1. Lunch sounds delicious - but since when have you been an avid cricket follower T???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been an avid cricket fan ever since I moved to Australia, Greg. Only test and one day cricket though. The first year in Australia I spent almost the whole summer on the sofa watching cricket on TV. No idea why, but now I love it. I must be Australian now. We even recently bought a BBQ, so I'm a real Aussie now!

    ReplyDelete