Pages

Labels

Monday 9 December 2013

The Garden

The most miserable of Mondays greeted me on waking this morning - overcast, gloomy skies and the forecast of heavy rain and possible thunderstorms both in the morning and afternoon. That's just not reasonable. So I pulled on my parka, and Annie and I headed off for our daily visit to the dog park, thumbing our noses at the sky. Well, of course, right on cue the heavens opened as we pulled into the car park, and we huddled in the car until the heaviest downpour had passed. We emerged to discover all our chums, human and canine, young and old all braving the weather anyway. Melbourne dog walkers have no regard for weather forecasts.
So today I'll show you what a glorious weekend we had in the garden. Saturday was all sunshine and cheerfulness. I'll store it up for the week. Only rain for now.

'Rouge de Marmande' tomatoes just setting; Beetroot; Broad beans


Salad and seedlings



Mixed salad seedlings just sown last week; Mint by the back door.




1 comment: