Pages

Labels

Thursday 5 December 2013

Cut-out Christmas card - how I did it.

After yesterday's attempt at making home made Christmas cards, the cut out one worked out far better than expected and I wanted to make a few more. I saw the idea on Pinterest, but there were no instructions, so I made it up as I went along, and the result was quite gratifying I thought. I was impressed. As I worked out the best way to rationalise the process, I thought that others may like to have a go and join me in the warm glow of smug satisfaction. So here it is. Not really a proper tutorial - more of a short picture by picture account of how I did it.






 
I drew up the main shape and dimensions I wanted, then drew in diagonals to make the 'cut-out' points, then traced it onto the BACK of my chosen paper. Next I cut along the two sides of the triangle shapes with a craft knife, but only gently scored the horizontal base of each triangle to make the folds.

 
 
I added a simple stitched star at the top of the tree, then glued it onto a piece of card I had prepared earlier. Ta-da!




2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! But I don't think I'll be attempting to emulate you, this looks far too tricky ;-)

    ReplyDelete